We are extremely pro-training at Bold. Through the BoldU Training Portal, we offer a variety of free training, as well as self-directed e-learning classes, instructor-led e-learning classes, and in-depth online training courses.
We offer several training solutions in addition to BoldU; including Hands-on Lab Training in our Colorado Springs Training Facility, On-Site Training at customer locations, and Web-Based Training.
Last, but not least, Bold provides a sponsorship program for central stations that wish to seek their Five Diamond Certification. The TMA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program and has become the gold standard for central station excellence. For central stations that purchase ManitouNEO and would like to obtain their Five Diamond Certification, Bold will pay for the operators to take the TMA Operator Level I course.
Once you’ve made the decision to choose ManitouNEO, we want you to be able to use and understand the innovative features you now have available… after all, it’s the most powerful, innovative alarm monitoring software in the industry!
Benefits of BoldU:
- A single subscription covers your entire organization.
- Unlimited user registrations
- Access for all users to any classes available in your subscription level
- No additional charges to train new hires or retrain existing staff
- No expiration dates for class completion while subscription is active.
BoldU has four levels of learning – choose the subscription that best suits your needs!
To get started, choose a Learning Manager, or Managers, to be the point person(s) and register your organization account within the BoldU learning portal. They will then be able to assign registrations to anyone else in your company.
Level 1 - The Bold Resource Center
This resource center contains quick reference and how-to guides, as well as links to quick video tutorials, that help accomplish specific tasks within Manitou and ManitouNEO. This also contains one free eLearning course the BTT100 Introduction to Manitou.
Level 2 – Self paced Learning
This level contains self-paced eLearning courses that step learners through the basics of using the Manitou, and ManitouNEO user interface. Courses available here are:
- Manitou Alarm Handling
- Manitou Data Entry Basics
- Manitou System Basics – An introduction to the Manitou Supervisor Workstation and Manitou System Configuration
- ManitouNEO Data Entry Basics
- ManitouNEO Alarm Handling
Level 3 - Professional Development
In addition to the eLearning this level includes online courses that pair the learner with an instructor and other learners from other organizations to take an online instructor-led course where the learners watch course modules, participate in discussions, and complete assignments.
Courses available at this level are:
- BU200 – ManitouNEO Advanced Alarm Operator
- BU201 – ManitouNEO Data Entry Specialist
- BU202 – ManitouNEO Bootcamp
Level 4 - Advanced Instruction
Level 4 – This level includes all levels, plus allows the learners to attend regularly scheduled live online courses with our expert instructors. Plus, this entitles each company to send two(2) learners to each live in-person classes this calendar year. (Travel and lodging not included.)
From basic ManitouNEO training to advanced supervisor functions, our trainers work with your team to help ensure they are meeting the desired objectives. We have several training options to choose from.
Training content is delivered conveniently via interactive web sessions which are shorter and take place over a longer period of time. Each session digs deeper into Manitou’s core, and our expert trainers work with your team to maximize the impact of these sessions.
Our trainer will come to you to train your team in their native environment. Whether you want advanced training for your leads and supervisors or refresher training for your operators, simply share your goals and our Trainer will create a customized plan for you.
Bold Training Lab
Located in Colorado Springs, CO, the Training Lab is used for both specialized training courses, like the Central Station Manager Course, and for individual customer training. The Lab provides in a safe and practical environment to practice newly learned skills.
TMA Five Diamond Sponsorship
The Monitoring Association (TMA) is a trade association that represents companies offering security (alarm) monitoring systems through a central station. It also represents companies that provide services and products to the industry. To learn more about the TMA, visit their website.
To become a TMA Five Diamond certified central station, every operator must complete the TMA Central Station Operator Level I Online course. For central stations that purchase ManitouNEO and would like to obtain their Five Diamond Certification, Bold Technologies will pay for the operators to take the TMA Operator Level I course.
Bold Technologies TMA Five Diamond Program Sponsorship requirements:
- The Bold Technologies TMA Five Diamond Program Sponsorship is available to any customers in the process of purchasing a new ManitouNEO system.
- The customer wishing to achieve their TMA Five Diamond Certification must be a member of TMA; either a current or a new member.
- Bold will pay for the number of operators the customer has employed during the time of contract signature to take the TMA Central Station Operator Level I Online course; maximum of 20 operators.
- TMA requires that the TMA Five Diamond Certification must be renewed each year to remain active and current. Any operators who have not completed the TMA Central Station Operator Level I Online course (ex. new operators), must complete this course and become certified for the company to maintain their TMA Five Diamond status. In the event that the new Bold/ManitouNEO customer currently holds their TMA Five Diamond Certification, Bold Technologies will pay for any of the currently uncertified operators (maximum of 20 operators) to complete the TMA Central Station Operator Level I Online course so the customer can maintain their Five Diamond status.
- The TMA Five Diamond Program Sponsorship must be documented on the ManitouNEO purchase contract.
- The TMA Five Diamond Certification must be achieved within six months of the ManitouNEO purchase.
Contact your Bold Technologies account representative for additional information.